A downloadable Unity Plugin
UltEvents allows you to easily setup and configure persistent event callbacks via the Inspector. It serves the same purpose as the inbuilt UnityEvents, but has superior features with fewer restrictions and an improved Inspector interface which requires fewer clicks to perform individual tasks.
Check out the Documentation to get started.
UltEvents have superior features with fewer restrictions than UnityEvents:
- Supports more parameter types: Enum (regular and flags), Vector (2, 3, 4), Quaternion, Rect, Color, Color32.
- Call methods with multiple parameters (UnityEvents can only do 0 or 1).
- Call methods with non-void return types and use the returned value as a parameter in subsequent calls.
- Call non-public and static methods.
- Full source code is included and well documented so it is easy to modify if necessary.
UltEvents have an improved Inspector:
- Collapse the event into a single line to occupy less screen space.
- Parameter-less functions only take a single line.
- Function parameter names are displayed. You can see the full method signature instead of only the name.
- Select a listener on a specific Component when there is more than one of the same type on the target object.
- Drag listeners around to reorder them.
- Keyboard shortcuts and context menu functions allow you to easily Copy, Paste, Add, Delete, and even Invoke events.
- Better organised method selection menus which can be customised to suit your needs.
- Button to quickly find a similarly named method if the target is missing.
- Dynamic listeners are displayed in the footer (ones added by code).
Individual tasks also tend to require fewer clicks with UltEvents:
- Instead of needing to add a new listener then drag in a target, you can just drag the target onto the event header.
- Instead of needing to select a listener then press the remove button in the footer, each listener has its own remove button.
- If you assign a specific Component as the target, it will immediately open the method selection menu which will let you select methods directly from that component instead of going through a sub-menu every time.
If you like this asset, please consider buying some of my other assets:
- Animancer gives you the ability to play and control animations dynamically at runtime using simple scripts instead of manually configuring inflexible Animator Controllers that encourage bad programming practices.
- Inspector Gadgets provides a variety of enhancements to the Unity Editor which can be useful for anyone.
- Weaver lets you avoid littering your code with magic strings and provides a framework for generating procedural assets.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- UltEvents v2.126 days ago
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.